Friday, November 05, 2010

And It Begins

I was in a rush the other day to get Sam out the door for preschool.

Let's be honest: We're always in a rush and running late. One morning I told Sam that if he didn't hurry he'd be the last one to school. He replied that being last would be fine with him. The last one in gets to shut the door, so thank you Miss Jamie for that.

But anyway, we were running late.
I had a pair of old scrubs on that I use as pajamas. I figured that I wear scrubs all the time and nobody would know if I'd slept in these. So, I hurried Sam out into the garage. He looked me up and down and asked, "Is that what you're wearing?"
"Yes." I answered. "Get in the car."
"Aren't you going to get dressed?"
"Nope."
"Don't you want to go put on a cute shirt?"
"Nope."
"Jeez Mom. This is going to be embarrassing."

Next week I'm wearing curlers and a bathrobe.

2 comments:

Scott and Lindsay said...

Yay! I'm not the only one taking my kids to school in my pjs! :) I love your stories!
lindsay

Allison said...

I literally burst out laughing! I don't know how I feel about my kids being old enough to be honest about me either. Don't worry..I usually put on an over-sized sweatshirt (over my pajamas, of course) to hide the fact that I haven't put on a bra yet. :)