Thursday, August 16, 2007

Last night there was a magnitude 8.0 earthquake in Peru. Its epicenter was in Ica. Here is a link to an article about it. They estimate that over 300 people were killed. Buildings were destroyed in many cities including Lima and Ica. A church I remembered seeing in Ica was damaged and is in one of the photos from the article. The Panamerican Highway we took from Lima to Ica was heavily damaged. Phone lines are down so we haven't heard anything yet from Daniel's relatives. I'm hoping everyone is doing okay. Please keep them in your prayers. I'll post an update when I find anything out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenna,

I tried to post a comment earlier this morning, but it didn't go through. As soon as I heard about the quake this morning I thought about you. I hope that your family and friends are doing okay. I have enjoyed looking at the pictures of your trip sooo much! What a treat. I can only hope that all the beautiful places that you visited are still okay, and more important that your loved ones are okay. We'll keep them in our prayers! I hope you hear from them soon.

Debby