Saturday, August 04, 2007

Family Dinner, Miraflores and a Gastronomic Tour

We've been so busy trying to get our house ready to sell that I haven't posted anymore pictures of our trip to Peru. On Saturday we had a big dinner with all of Daniel's mom's family. It was so yummy.

Earlier that morning we visited some of Daniel's dad's family and the house Daniel's parents lived in when they were first married. There were some neighbors who fed Sam saltine crackers. I think he ate about 15 all by himself. What a little piggy!


Before the dinner we took a walk to Miraflores (another district in Lima). We stopped at an ice cream shop and it was "buenissimo". Really my favorite things in Peru were food. I guess I know where Sam got his instincts for gluttony.

Speaking of food, this is Manolo's. They have the best churros and some really huge sandwiches.

The girls from Daniel's Mom's family posing with all the wonderful food they prepared for the family dinner. It was delicious.

Picarones (basically scones with molasses) from a street vendor in Parque Kennedy. We visited this park several times for food, shopping and entertainment and did I mention the food?

No comments: