Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I Can't Understand the Words that are Coming Out of Your Mouth"

Sam had his 2 year check-up today. He looks just great according to the pediatrician, but then I already knew that. He is just great. We love this boy. He is just so fun to be around (most of the time.) We went to the zoo with some of my work friends yesterday and he had such a good time. He just giggled and got excited about every animal.

His language skills are getting better and better and that is also fun. I can actually have conversations with him that make sense. On the other hand his Spanish is not progressing as well as I had hoped. He says several words in Spanish and seems to understand Daniel and his family when they speak to him in Spanish, but take this for example: My mom bought him some DVDs in Spanish. I put Franklin the Turtle on for him and he seemed to enjoy it. A few days later he said, "Mom, I want to watch the turtles that say "Blabla-Blabla". Perfect! He knows they're trying to say something, but it's just not intelligible.

Vital Statistics: 27.8 lbs 47.9%
35.5 inches 79.7%

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hee hee! I love your blog--I don't know how I missed the fact that you have one. :) I'm adding it to my "stalker" list...although, I hear my stalking skills aren't all that stellar, compared with some. :)