Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Artist Update

I had the sofa cleaned and most of the marker came out. I was happily surprised and the cleaning guy said he was shocked. The picture didn't truly demonstrate the gravity of the situation. The entire backrest of the couch was covered in drawings. There are still a few small spots, but I'm pretty pleased. However, even with Magic Eraser (thanks anyway Maria), the windowsill is still heavily decorated.

When it happened Sam knew I was upset and he locked himself in the bathroom. A few minutes later he went into his room and came out with some baby wipes. He said, "Don't worry Mom. I 'tean' it up. Makes you sad?"
I said "Yes."
"Oh!" with a concerned look, "Makes me happy."

5 comments:

Tara said...

Jenna--I love reading your blog. You are so hilarious and it makes me miss you. Remember when we had a rock garden? Kaylee and her friends have a rock store they operate every day under the slide (unless it's drippy of course) Good times.

Challis said...

At least he's perceptive?

Paul said...

...sigh...

Artists are a pain, no? Even little ones.

I remember when your cousin, Austin (if you're willing to claim him as a blood releative) was 6, and proceeded to decorate the back of the seat in our BRAND SPANKING NEW Dodge Caravan with pictures of--I don't know, spaghetti or worms or random squiggles--using a ball-point pen.

I wanted to kill him, but fortunately for both of us, I'm afraid of prison MORE than I wanted to kill him.

As far as I know, that car is still driving around Idaho somewhere with that boy's artwork.

You'll probably never really laugh about it later on in life, but the REST of us will think it's freakin' hilarious! We're awful that way...

Romi said...

Happy Birthday Jenna, I hope your day is great!!!

P.S. So sorry about the art fiasco!! Those kinds of things just make me sick, and I'm far less patient than I should be about them!!!!

Suzie Petunia said...

My little "artist" just made her latest creation on the playroom wall. The Magic Eraser is, well... MAGIC!