Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Just a Few Little Things

I'm not much into posting at the moment; lack of creative inspiration I guess. I do have a few funny things Sam has done lately that I want to document.

We got up early on Election Day, woke Sam up, and he asked where we were going. I told him we were going to go vote. He stood in line with us very patiently. He was so well behaved and I was proud and relieved. After I voted I was waiting for Daniel to finish up. Sam looked up at me and said, "Mom, I'm so EXCITED!"
"What are you excited for?" I asked.
"For the BOATS! I'm going to drink my apple juice on the boat." He answered.
Oh, poor baby! I had to explain that there were no boats. He lost it on the sidewalk in front of the school. He demonstrated a kicking, screaming, crying tantrum for all the elementary students and their parents as they filed into the school. Awesome.

One day in the car Sam says to me, "You know Barack Obama?"
"Yeah." I answered, thinking how does he know Barack Obama?
"I like him." Sam said.
Okay. That was one good campaign.

I asked Sam about three times to start putting his toys away so we could go somewhere. He completely ignored me. Finally he looked up like he was annoyed and said, "Mom, I'm not listening to you."
Oh, good. I thought maybe he had just lost his hearing.

4 comments:

Sheila and Mario said...

Classic! No wonder he was so good in line at the voting place, he thought he was going on a boat ride! PS_ Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day!

cassi said...

Oh I love it! The boats- so cute yet so sad for Sam!! And he's such a smartie pants- so cute!

Paul said...

::Note to self--do NOT read Sam stories while downing a Vitamin Water at the computer::

I seriously can't stop laughing!

MindySue said...

ohmygosh- i'm am laughing so hard right now i am going to wet my pats. i am so in love with your little boy...he is HYSTERICAL! I coudl just see his little face all excited about the boats. ah, still laughing.