Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sam, not Samuel

We had the first day of "real" preschool back in September. Sam had been going to a preschool/daycare a couple of days a week for the last year. This year I decided it would be better for him to go to a preschool my neighbor teaches. It is still only twice a week and the teacher does a great job. He learns so much. The downfall is that I don't have a babysitter for the mornings after I work. This is where you all complement me on what a selfless mother I am. Go ahead, I'll wait.



So anyway, Sam informed his teacher that he is "Sam, not Samuel." He has made his preference known to all who will listen lately. We still call him Sammy, Samuel, and Booger, but he says none of those are his real name.


He has lots of preferences. I let him choose all of his new school clothes and there is a distinctly militaristic theme to them all.

He misses Juno while he is at school. They are becoming really good friends and they occasionally fight like siblings. Examples: "Mom, Juno is looking at me. I told her to stop, but she is looking at me!" "I told Juno that I didn't want to fight, but she started it." "Mom! Juno stole my toy/sock/underwear/bread. Make her give it back." "Mom! Sam is teasing me. He waves treats over my head and won't share his cookies." You know, the usual.

1 comment:

cassi said...

That is too funny!

Hooray for new posts!