Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary!


This is what Daniel wanted, but did not get for our anniversary.

We did however have a very nice anniversary. We spent Friday night at a cabin with some of the people Daniel works with and their families. It was really fun.
Saturday we dropped the kid off with Daniel's mom and headed up to Salt Lake. We planned on dinner and a movie, but had a late dinner (9:30) and decided we were too tired. A little pathetic? I guess we're old. I was so tired I could hardly walk. A very drunk couple came into the restaurant halfway through our dinner and I was just as unsteady on my feet as they were. They were pretty entertaining. The man was actually reciting poetry and having mock sword fights. In a way it was better than a movie.
We stayed at the Little America Hotel and enjoyed their world famous Sunday brunch. It was amazingly good. Then we burned off some of the calories by hiking up to Ensign Peak. I'd never been up there and the view was awesome. We had a great weekend.

I feel so lucky to be celebrating 5 years of marriage to such a wonderful guy. I really couldn't ask for a better life.


5 comments:

cassi said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that picture!

Summer said...

wow, has it really been 5 years already?!

dave and i hiked up mt.timp on our 1st anniversary and loved celebrating by being outdoors. the mountains are something i do miss about utah.

i still wish i'd done a better job photographing your wedding so you'd have awesome pics to show your children and grandchildren...but alas

Challis said...

Congrats!! I just celebrated my fifth too...I guess we are both pretty old at this point. I would rather watch drunk sword fighting poets in a restaurant over a movie anyday, so I think the anniversary celebration was a success.

Karina and Edson said...

I remember that day! It was a beautiful day. Happy belated anniversary!

Paul said...

Five years...congratulations on doing such a GREAT job on those first five years! You two have laid the foundation for such a beautiful family...it makes your uncle Paul proud!

We just celebrated our 25th. In honor of that event, I drove Challis to Salt Lake the night of our anniversary (sans my bride), so I could deliver her to the airport first thing in the morning. After 25 years, some of the romance harder to come by...

I hope the next 5 are as fun-filled and rewarding as the first five!

Love you both..

Paul