Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ridin' the Potty Train

Sam listened to a few conversations last week at my parent's house in Idaho about potty training. Friday morning he woke up and told me, "I want to ride the potty train."
Alright, all aboard...again.
Every so often Sam decides to pee on the potty. He does it for a day or two and then refuses to even think about it after that. So, Friday all day he peed on the potty, he wore big boy underwear and kept them dry, and then I left for "witches night out" (another story). While I was gone Sam peed on the floor twice and has been in diapers ever since. We're going to try again Monday morning. This potty train is sure a long uncomfortable ride.

5 comments:

Paul said...

Sam...c'mere, little buddy. Lemme tell ya. The potty train is simply not that great. See, once you are the engineer of that particular train, Mommy and Daddy are gonna have other ideas--more things for you to do, and trust me...you're not gonna be happy about it. Like taking out garbage. Who wants to do that? I mean, sure, garbage trucks are COOL, but they won't let you drive the garbage truck...they just want you to take the garbage OUT, so someone ELSE who gets to drive the big, rad truck can come and get it. Oh, and brushing your teeth. Every day. Every single freaking day! Maybe two or three times! I can't even remember get off my seat two or three times a day, let alone oral hygiene!

Take it from uncle Paul--stay at the potty station. You'll thank me later...

Allison said...

Ya, good luck with that. Not fun :( Let me know how it goes next time...

cassi said...

Oh Potty Training! Same thing... Adam will pee so then we decided to give it a whirl and I bought all these fun things for him and he didn't care. It was so much work for me that I could only handle a day of trying and then we quit. I just bought another Sams club box of diapers a few days ago...

Challis said...

He pees ON the potty or IN the potty?

Jenna and Daniel said...

Excellent point Challis. Maybe my word choice is part of the problem, but between you and Uncle Paul it looks like I've got an uphill battle.