Monday, October 06, 2008

Quirky

My cousin Challis tagged me to list 6 quirks.

No. 1--Would have to be that I compulsively look up words in the dictionary (like quirk) even if I am 100% sure of the definition. I have spent hours reading dictionaries. I don't know why. I think it's boring.
No. 2--I love balsamic vinegar and have been known to drink it straight from the bottle.
No. 3--I love blood and guts and pus. I really like to incise and drain infections.
No. 4--I cannot share milk with anyone, not even with Sam. I will freely share any other food or beverage. It has to do with the viscosity of milk.
No. 5--If I start to read a novel I cannot stop until I have finished it, even if it is stupid. I will read through meals and stay up all night if necessary. This is why I have to limit myself to just a few books a year. Good thing I'm a fairly fast reader.
No. 6--I'm a very competitive walker. If I am walking alone and there are people ahead of me I will speed walk to pass them. Sometimes it is really obvious and it freaks people out, so that's embarrassing, but I still do it.
No. 7--(Wow, I didn't think I'd be able to come up with 6.) I have a phobia of birds. I hate them and have been attacked by them on more than one occasion.

4 comments:

Allison said...

I had forgotten about the milk thing!! You crack me up. I just love you and all your quirks!!

Camille said...

You should join the Olympics and compete in the speed walking! You kill me, Jenna!

Challis said...

Ummm, your quirks are a little more on the disturbing end of the spectrum than the "oh so quirky" end (especially the pus and vinegar thing--ew Jenna, EW!). Perhaps you should seek some guidance...

Paul said...

I TOTALLY get the walking thing. I do the same thing. It bugs the crap out of me if people are walking in front of me, and so I HAVE NO CHOICE but to pass them.

But then there's this awkward moment--you know the one I'm talking about--where you are kind of walking right next to someone. Do you say "hi?" Will that give them a heart attack if you do, because you were sneaking up behind them? Is it rude if you don't?

And then, if they're with a friend, they suddnely stop talking, or lower their voice...and I just KNOW they're talking about me...

But I don't drink balsamic vinegar from the bottle.

(I just lick it out of the dipping bowl when the bread is gone...)

Paul