Thursday, September 25, 2008

High School Tag

I've always said that High School was okay, but that I really loved college. I think that after answering these questions I've realized why. I was super lame in High School.

1 Did you date someone from your school? Certainly not.
2 What kind of car did you drive? The big yellow bus. Oh, you mean the 3 times a month I was allowed to drive myself? A silver minivan. Awesome.
3 Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? Yes, but I got a 3 month restriction for signaling too soon on a right turn. Our Driver's Ed teacher was a misogynist.
4 Were you a party animal? Not really. I've always been more of a small group person. I hate loud parties (especially dances.)
5 Were you considered a flirt? Pretty sure I wasn't.
6 Were you in a band, orchestra or choir? No, but I've always dreamed of having a good singing voice.
7 Were you a nerd? Obviously, and it's becoming more and more apparent the more questions I answer. (But my 17 year-old ego still imagines that I was cool.)
8 Were you on any varsity teams? Nope. I was a loser!
9 Did you get suspended or expelled? No. Again, can you say Mary Sue?
10 Can you still sing the fight song? Kind of, but the tune gets mixed up with the Cougar fight song. I still remember, "Hillcrest Knights! Show your might!"
11 Who were your favorite teachers? Mr. Kittle, Mrs. Bybee, Mr. Anderson.
12 Where did you sit during lunch? Hallways, or out to Albertson's for the "usual" (samples).
13 What's your school's full name? Hillcrest High School
14 What was your mascot and colors? Knight. Red Black and White.
15 Did you go to homecoming? I think so? I was anti-dance and anti-official-dates, so it's hard to remember, but I'm pretty sure I did at least once.
16 If you could go back and do it all again, would you? Yeah. There were lots of moron, lame stuff I did, that I would glam up the second time around.
17 What do you remember most about graduation? Meeting people I had never spoken to before and figuring out that they were kind of awesome and that I maybe should have branched out a little. And a weird 30 minutes at the end of the Senior all-nighter that I spent arm in arm with some dude whose name I can't remember and who I'm pretty sure I had never really spent any time with before and never saw again. I think we were just exhaustedly holding each other up during the prize drawing.
18 Where did you go on your Senior Skip Day? Which one?
19 Were you in any clubs? Health Occupations Students of America, but that was required with the Health Occ. Class. And I went to one Key Club meeting, got elected to some little office and never went back.
20 Have you gained some weight since then? Unfortunately. I just keep getting bigger and better.
21 Who was your prom date? I think our big dances were Homecoming and Commencement. Did we have Prom? I really do think I went to Senior Commencement, but I cannot think of who I went with. Ash, do you know?
22 Are you planning to go to your 10 year reunion? Been there, did that and it was actually pretty enjoyable. I can't believe how many people I recognized, but couldn't think of names. My parents told me that someday that would happen, and now I know how it is.
23 Did you have a job while in high school? Night Manager, Papa Kelsey's. Didn't love the job, but made some really good friends (and some friends who turned out to be felons. Go figure.)

I tag my high school friends (Ashley, Emily, Maria, Debby and anyone else who reads this.) And I think everyone else should do it too so you can show me how much cooler you were. It's okay. I can handle it. I'm the coolest now.

5 comments:

Camille said...

Wait, I thought you cheered in high school. I remember you had a really cool jacket that I wanted. You are so funny. I remember thinking you were WAY cool. Wait, I STILL think you are! I also remember going to eat at Papa Kelsey's once when you were working.

Ashleey Rayback said...

I'll have to look at my dance pics and see if you went to senior commencement, but I'm thinking you didn't. You were a reb about those kinds of things.

And what are you talking about not being cool? We were cool. Ask anybody.

I believe that although you rode the big yellow wonder to school, I would take you home in "Little Gray" (when I conned my parents into letting me drive it).

Challis said...

Geez--your posts make me laugh SO FREAKIN' HARD! Awesomeness must run in the family...ya think?

Amy said...

Jenna! Wow, its been forever! How are you? You look great and your little boy is darling! I've been thinking so much about our old nursing school days lately and how much fun we had! I miss it. I'd love to hear all about your life since school! my email is
amyc@9thlaws.com and my blog is
9thlaws.blogspot.com
Hope all is well and hope to hear from you soon!

Amy Laws

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

Hi Jenna, I have to admit that I'm blog stocking and found you on Debbie's. You look great and your little boy is a handsome devil! How are you doing?