Tuesday, July 10, 2007

For a change a pace I thought I would answer the meme Cassie sent me forever ago.

Four Things About a lot of Things

4 Jobs I Have Held

1. Registered Nurse at Utah Valley Emergency Room. Oh the stories I could tell you. People are weird, really weird.
2. Loan Shark. Well, not really, but I was the assistant office manager at Quik Check. Giving high interest loans to those who can least afford them.
3. Intern at the Naval Reactor Facility. Early mornings, long days, creepy guys; ahh memories. But it was good money and sometimes kind of interesting.
4. Night Manager at Papa Kelsey's Pizza. Actually more fun than I had expected. I worked with fun people and got to come home every night smelling like grease. (Okay, the last part not so good.)

4 Movies I Can Watch Over and Over

1. Gone With the Wind. "After all, tomorrow is another day." I love that show and still fantasize about wearing a hoop skirt.
2. Return to Me. Love the music, love the old guys, good memories, good show.
3. The Gilmore Girls series. I own them all thanks to my wonderful husband who always gives the best gifts.
4. The Godfather I and II. Violent, I know, but there is something fascinating about the mob isn't there.

4 Places I Have Lived

1. Our Little House on Twelfth North. It's been an adventure. Amen
2. Our Little House in George Washington's backyard. Alexandria, Virginia for the summer. We stayed in the basement of a beautiful house less than a mile from Mount Vernon. It was pretty cool.
3. Our Little (little) House. Our Provo apartment when we were first married was tiny, but we lived right next door to some good friends and it was just perfect.
4. My Little House on Leona Circle. Where I lived most of my life. I love Idaho Falls. It's a good place.

4 Categories of TV Programming I Enjoy

1. Cop shows: I know! I love Law & Order, but my dirtier secret is that I even like COPS and all those shows where the cops chase people and I like those shows on court TV with the deep voiced announcer who tells you all about Suzy Homemaker and her secret life that ended in Murder! I just can't help but get sucked in.
2. LOST: Not really a category, but in reality, a category within itself. Confused? Yeah that's right.
I am a Lostie. I love it. Daniel and I watch it together even if we have to tape it and watch it later. It's our thing.
3. Comedy: The Office, Scrubs, Frasier, Becker. I have lots of favorites
4. Gilmore Girls: Again, not a category and yeah I already mentioned it in the movie category, but I Luhove this show. I think it is hilarious and one of the wittiest best written shows ever.

4 Places I've Been on Holiday

1. London: When I arrived in London after my all night 16 hour flight I was a little giddy. I was excited and TIRED! The customs officer had the funniest accent (everyone had a funny accent, they were British, I was sleep deprived, and I found it unbelievably funny). He asked me, "Wot is the purpus of your visit?" and I laughed and said, "What?" He repeated himself, very seriously and I laughed again and said, "What?" Then he said "Are you on 'oliday?" And I said, "No, I'm here on vacation." He rolled his eyes and stamped my passport. Stupid Teenaged American.
2. Peru: So fun. We are already planning our next trip there.
3. Oregon Coast: A beach house with all the family, yummy seafood, walks on the beach. If it was warmer it would be paradise, but it is almost as good.
4. Pella, Iowa. My own little Amsterdam. I really like this little town. Visited the first time with my family on a road trip to Nauvoo. Daniel and I stayed in a bed and breakfast there on the way back to Utah from Virginia.

4 of My Favorite Dishes

1. Corn Chower, Blue Cheese Walnut Salad, and a Pumpkin muffin from Mimi's. Yummy.
2. Grilled Steak Alfredo from Olive Garden. Balsamic glaze and blue cheese is so, so good.
3. Arroz con Pollo or Lomo Saltado. Peru has good food.
4. Shredded Chicken Salad from Cafe Rio.

4 Websites I Visit Daily

1. yahoomail.com
Nobody ever emails me though.
2. blogspot.com
I visit Lindsay and Cassi and Courtney and then I always feel like a voyeur, but I visit the site of a friend of Lindsay's. I don't even know this person, but her blog is so funny. I read it every day and I feel like we're friends. She has no idea who I am. Is that creepy? I hope not.
3. ihc.net
Stupid work
4. livejournal.com
My friend Ashley is so funny and I don't feel like a spy when I read her goings on. My friend Debby from high school has a journal here too. I like blogs for keeping up with people. It's so convenient.

4 Places I'd Rather Be Right Now

1. Vacation. I like it so much better than real life.
2. Visiting my family in Idaho
3. Visiting Daniel's family in Virginia
4. Ikea: It's my new Mecca. I really like it.

4 Friends to Tag with this Meme
1. Ashley
2. Debby
3&4 Everyone else

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenna,
I wish we lived closer to you. You CRACK me up! seriously.
Cassi
p.s.
I spy on that same friend of Lindsay's and yes she is funny. Sorry Lindsay that you have have sneaky relatives.

Anonymous said...

I've never been tagged before. Yeah! Next nap time I'll have to do it. I'm also a HUGE Gilmore Girl fan! I'm soooo sad its over. I had even converted my husband AND son to "Gilmore Gerwarls." We're still trying to find a new show we agree on now.

Debby